CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492003
Identify responses to home plumbing emergencies.
Identification should include
- indicators of plumbing problems
- strategies for avoiding plumbing problems
- ways to turn off water supply (e.g., turning off valves under fixtures and/or in basement, locating and turning off water pump breaker)
- use of a plunger
- use of drain-cleaner products
- notification of the responsible party (e.g., client, family member, agency)
- ways to contact the utility company.
- Why is it important for a home health aide to know how to deal with plumbing emergencies?
- How can a home health aide distinguish among various plumbing emergencies and decide on the appropriate response?
- What precautions are necessary when using drain-cleaner products?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events