CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492001
Identify emergencies related to home heating equipment.
Identification should include
- loss of heat due to equipment failure, power failure, or service disconnection
- signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
- risks involved with the use of heating devices (e.g., space heater, wood stove, fireplace, gas log).
- How should a home health aide respond to heating equipment failure?
- What are resources for obtaining fire and carbon monoxide warning devices?
- How can a home health aide reduce the risk of injury to him/herself and his/her client when using home heating equipment?
- Why is it important to have an evacuation plan in place?
- What are guidelines to help prevent thermal injury?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events