CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781491994
Care for a client's laundry.
Care should include
- checking operating instructions specific to the type of washer and dryer to be used
- reading care instructions on garment and linen labels
- pretreating garments and linens soiled with body fluids
- selecting and using laundry products (e.g., detergents, bleach, fabric softeners) as appropriate for the task
- washing, including sorting clothing and selecting water temperatures
- folding and ironing.
- Why might the task of doing laundry in a client's home be different from the same task in a home health aide's own home?
- How can a home health aide decide which laundry product(s) to use for which articles?
- What are ways to decide which pretreating product is best to use for a particular stain?
- If the washer or dryer are unfamiliar, what should a home health aide do?
- If certain articles do not seem perfectly clean after laundering, how can a home health aide decide what to do?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events