Explain the principles of money management for a client.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- how to set up a budget
- how to write a check and balance a checkbook
- how to pay bills
- how to document expenditures and file receipts
- the legal and ethical responsibilities of a home health aide, iincluding the consequences for the misappropriation of funds.
- Why might a home health aide be asked to take charge of money management for a client?
- When a client’s wishes regarding money management conflict with a family member’s wishes, how can a home health aide help to resolve the conflict?
- What is a budget?
- What precautions are absolutely essential to observe when managing a client’s money?
- What might be the consequences of mismanaging a client’s money, even by mistake?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.