CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781491977
Assist a client in following a physician’s orders regarding medications and treatments.
Assistance should include following guidelines and the client care plan for
- taking medications according to printed instructions
- obtaining specimens for laboratory tests
- applying anti-embolic hose
- applying dry sterile dressing to wound
- providing hot/cold treatments
- performing chest percussion
- assisting with coughing and deep breathing
- providing ostomy care
- administering oxygen.
- What may a home health aide do and not do when assisting a client with taking medications? Why?
- Why is it essential to follow a physician's orders regarding medications and treatments?
- What might be the consequences of not following a physician's orders regarding medications and treatments?
- What precautions are necessary for hot/cold treatments?
- What precautions are necessary when administering oxygen?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events