CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781491973
Conduct range-of-motion exercises.
Conducting should include following guidelines and the client care plan for
- describing how range of motion (ROM) is assessed
- explaining precautions needed when performing ROM exercises
- displaying both active and passive techniques
- demonstrating flexion and extension
- demonstrating abduction and adduction
- employing stretching techniques
- describing adaptive exercise or activity options for clients with disabilities
- documenting the session.
- What are the benefits of stretching in a therapeutic setting?
- How can someone with limited mobility improve his/her range of motion?
- What is the distinction between passive, active, and active-assist range of motion?
- How should a home health aide respond if a client complains of joint pain during a prescribed home exercise program?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events