Explain the need for a criminal background investigation as a condition for employment in the home health care field.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- the need to investigate criminal offenses (e.g., misdemeanors, felonies, barrier crimes, moral turpitude)
- the need to investigate driving records
- the need to investigate history of abuse (e.g., domestic, child, sexual)
- the need to conduct drug screenings.
- How is a criminal background check initiated and completed?
- What are the grounds for not being cleared for employment in a criminal background check?
- What is a felony? What types of crimes are examples of felonies?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.