CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 537483193
Assist with alternatives to restraints.
Assistance should include
- meeting clients’/residents’/patients’ basic needs
- using diversions such as music and television
- maintaining habits and routines
- keeping signaling devices within reach
- explaining procedures
- orienting person to place and time.
- Who can apply restraints?
- What are risks of restraint use?
- Why are alternatives to restraints used?
- What government agencies have developed guidelines for alternatives to restraints and restraint use?