CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 49922292
Perform transferring, positioning, and turning of client/resident/patient. (As required by the Virginia Board of Nursing regulation)
Performance should include
- reviewing body mechanics
- outlining procedures for turning client/resident/patient in various body positions
- discussing safety procedures to follow when turning a client/resident/patient
- reviewing use of supportive aids to ensure client/resident/patient comfort
- assisting client/resident/patient, who can stand, from bed to chair/wheelchair to chair/wheelchair to bed
- transferring client/resident/patient (using lift sheet) from bed to stretcher/stretcher to bed.
- What is the proper method for assisting the client/resident/patient who is able to help himself?
- What is the proper method for assisting the client/resident/patient who requires total care?
- What are the various methods and procedures for using equipment to transfer, position, and turn the client/resident/patient?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events