CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 478952152
Perform postmortem care on a mannequin.
Performance should include following the steps of postmortem care according to the following checklist:
- Use PPE during procedure.
- Demonstrate use of each item included in postmortem kit.
- Bathe body per facility procedure; fill out and attach identification tags.
- Collect belongings, and place in bag with person’s name; deliver to family.
- Remove all supplies and equipment; cover body with clean sheet before family is allowed private time to visit.
- Shroud body as outlined in postmortem kit.
- Provide for privacy; room door remains closed and hallway doors are closed as body is moved out of facility or to morgue.
- When does postmortem care begin?
- Why is postmortem care done?
- What information does the nurse aide need from the nurse before postmortem care is performed?