CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 478952151
Care for client/resident/patient when death is imminent. (As required by the Virginia Board of Nursing regulation.)
Care should be based on
- familiarity with the stages of death and dying
- ability to recognize the imminent death of a client/resident/patient
- individual needs of the client/resident/patient and family.
- What are essential issues that need to be addressed with the client/resident/patient in the various stages of death and dying?
- What behaviors can you expect of the client/resident/patient in the various stages of death and dying?
- What knowledge and skills do you need to address the needs of the dying client’s/resident’s/patient’s family/friends?
- What are the signs of imminent death?
- What are the stages of death and dying?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Human Growth and Development
Knowledge Test: Transcultural Health Care