CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2134942993
Apply and care for anti-embolic stockings. (As required by the Virginia Board of Nursing regulation)
Application and care should include
- turning inside out down to the heel and applying without twists and wrinkles.
- removing stockings, per doctor’s orders.
- observing condition of skin integrity.
- What is the terminology related to anti-embolic stockings?
- In what situations are anti-embolic stockings necessary?
- What observations should be recorded and reported before applying anti-embolic stockings?
- What are the signs of impaired circulation?
- How do you determine the correct size of stockings?
- What is the procedure for applying anti-embolic elastic stockings?
- Why is it important to have anti-embolic stockings free of wrinkles and twists?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events