CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166755
Feed a client/resident/patient (all ages). (As required by the Virginia Board of Nursing regulation)
Feeding a client/resident/patient should include knowing
- verifying meal ticket with care plan
- validating the meal ticket by asking the client/resident/patient to state their name
- his/her dietary restrictions/limitations
- the physician’s order regarding dietary intake
- degree to which the client/resident/patient is able to assist with the feeding process.
- What is the correct position for the nurse aide and patient for feeding?
- How do you prepare a meal for the visually impaired client/resident/patient?
- When feeding the client/resident/patient, why is it better to use a spoon rather than a fork?
- What is the primary reason for encouraging the client/resident/patient to let him/her do as much as he/she can for himself/herself?