Assist client/resident/patient with eating and hydration.
Assistance should include
- verifying meal ticket with care plan
- validating the meal ticket by asking the client/resident/patient to state their name
- serving and collecting diet trays
- setting up client/resident/patient trays
- distributing nourishments
- distributing drinking water
- feeding clients/residents/patients of all ages.
- What situations require you to feed the client/resident/patient?
- How do you determine the percentage of a meal the client/resident/patient ate?
- How do you determine that the correct diet, including liquids, has been served to the client/resident/patient?
- What approaches might you use to encourage a client/resident/patient to eat?
- What are the methods you use to assist the client/resident/patient with various eating difficulties (e.g., swallowing, chewing, nausea)?