CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166750
Assist client/resident/patient with menu selection.
Assistance should include knowing what diet the client/resident/patient is on and any factors that may affect the way he/she eats.
- What changes in dietary needs occur in the aging process?
- What common disorders may affect the client’s/resident’s/patient’s choice of foods?
- What are the basic food groups, and do the amounts needed in each group remain the same as we go from infancy to later adulthood?
- What factors may affect a person’s dietary habits (e.g. culture, religion, illness, personal choice, appetite, allergies)?
- What are the different types of special diets that you may see on a nursing unit?