CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166749
Identify general and special diets.
Identification should include
- nutrient information
- examples of food from the four food groups
- clear liquid and full liquid diets
- dysphagia diet—mechanical soft diet, pureed food, use of thickeners
- low and high fiber diets
- bland diet
- high-calorie diet
- calorie-controlled diet
- low-fat, low-cholesterol diet
- high protein
- low sodium
- diabetic diet and meal planning.
- What foods are allowed on a high protein diet?
- What are aspiration precautions for a client/resident/patient with dysphagia?
- What is meant by the terms regular diet, general diet, and house diet?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Nutrition
Health Professions Events