CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166732
Demonstrate reality orientation techniques.
Demonstration should include
- keeping calendar and clocks with large numbers in the client/resident/patient room and nursing area
- reminding the client/resident/patient of holidays, birthdays, and special events
- calling the client/resident/patient by name
- having the client/resident/patient wear eyeglasses and hearing aids, as needed
- providing newspapers, magazines, TV, and radio
- maintaining the day-night cycle
- speaking in a calm, quiet, and caring manner
- asking simple questions and giving the client/resident/patient time to respond.
- What is sun-downing, and how can it be prevented?
- What measures can be used to manage agitation and restlessness?
- How can the family be involved in reality orientation techniques?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events