CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166731
Assist the client/resident/patient with a sensory impairment. (As required by the Virginia Board of Nursing regulation)
Assistance should include
- describing communication methods of the hearing-impaired client/resident/patient
- identifying how to care for hearing aids
- identifying how to care for contact lenses, eyeglasses, and artificial eyes
- explaining the needs of a blind client/resident/patient
- identifying psychological and social effects on the sensorially impaired client/resident/patient.
- What steps can the nurse aide take to ensure that a hearing aid is working properly?
- What are various measures used in caring for the blind client/resident/patient?
- What behaviors can the nurse aide expect if the client/resident/patient with hearing loss does not have his/her psychological or social needs met?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events