CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166717
Explain the process for client/resident/patient discharge.
Explanation should include
- identifying reasons discharge occurs, including AMA discharges
- helping client/resident/patient in packing their belongings
- reviewing belongings list, being sure all items are included
- maintaining client/resident/patient environmental safety throughout procedure
- providing client/resident/patient who is ready for discharge all discharge instructions and followup appointments
- helping client/resident/patient to car, being sure all belongings are included
- documenting discharge procedure, including how it was tolerated.
- A client/resident insists on walking out; what would you say to convince him/her to be wheeled down in a wheelchair?
- A client/resident/patient insists on leaving AMA; why is a doctor’s order is included?
- Why is it important that clients/residents/patients know what follow-up care and medication is required?