CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166714
Transport a client/resident/patient by stretcher.
Transport should include
- explaining how transport by stretcher protects both the client/resident/patient and the nurse aide
- listing the steps for transporting a client/resident/patient by stretcher
- explaining safety precautions
- following procedure for transferring a client/resident/patient from bed/table to stretcher.
- Why is it important to follow procedure for transferring a client/resident/patient from bed/table to stretcher?
- Why is it important to keep the client’s/resident’s/patient’s arms under the blankets and on the stretcher?
- What are the consequences for not using safety measures when transporting the client/resident/patient's by stretcher?
- What comfort measures are used for the client/resident/patient being transported by stretcher?