CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166713
Transfer a client/resident/patient by wheelchair. (As required by the Virginia Board of Nursing regulation)
Transfer should include
- ensuring client/resident/patient is wearing nonskid footwear
- moving from bed to wheelchair according to the Nurse Aide Candidate Handbook
- covering client/resident/patient with a blanket and using footrests when transporting.
- How does the nurse aide transport the client/resident/patient in a wheelchair onto and off an elevator?
- What could be a consequence of not locking the wheels on a wheelchair?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events