Care for the skin, to include prevention of pressure ulcers. (As required by the Virginia Board of Nursing regulation)
Care should include
- definition of the stages of decubiti
- providing skin care to a client/resident/patient in restraints
- providing skin care to a client/resident/patient in a cast
- application of heel and elbow protectors.
- What are the various ways to prevent decubiti?
- What are the stages of decubiti?
- What are the various protective devices available for skin care?
- What special considerations should be taken for clients/residents/patients with restrictive devices?
- What other terminology is associated with decubiti?