Groom client/resident/patient, including shaving/assisting with shaving, caring for/helping with hair, and cleaning/beautifying fingernails and toenails. (Required for certification by Virginia Board of Nursing)
Grooming should include
- shaving/assisting male client/resident/patient
- brushing/assisting with hair
- caring for/assisting with nail care, except cutting or trimming of nails.
- What shaving supplies are needed for the male client/resident/patient who is able to shave himself?
- What procedure should be followed for the male client/resident/patient who is unable to shave himself?
- What grooming supplies are needed for brushing/assisting with a client’s/resident’s/patient’s hair?
- What manicure supplies are needed for caring for/assisting with nail care?
- Why are nurse aides not permitted to use clippers on toenails?