CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166701
Assist client/resident/patient in standing.
Assistance should include
- ensuring client/resident/patient is wearing nonskid footwear
- elevating head of bed
- folding top bedding back toward foot of bed
- helping client/resident/patient in dangling
- taking client’s/resident’s/patient’s pulse
- placing client’s/resident’s/patient’s feet firmly on floor
- helping client/resident/patient to come to standing position
- reviewing safety precautions when assisting a client/resident/patient with standing
- describing observations of the client/resident/patient that should be recorded (e.g., change in skin color, pulse).
- What is the purpose of dangling a client’s/resident’s/patient’s feet before assisting them to stand?
- Why is it important to check a person’s pulse as they change position?
- What safety precautions must be followed to ensure client/resident/patient safety?
- When would you use a transfer belt with a client/resident/patient?
- When would you use a gait belt with a client/resident/patient?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events