CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166697
Assist with crutch walking.
Assistance should include
- ensuring client/resident/patient is wearing nonskid footwear
- assisting client/resident/patient to stand
- checking rubber safety tips and adjusting crutches to fit client/resident/patient
- positioning and using crutches
- following safety precautions during crutch walking exercise
- documenting information on client/resident/patient medical record.
- What types of injuries could occur if crutches are not properly fitted or used?
- How would you teach a client/resident/patient to use a specific type of crutch gait (e.g., two-, three-, or four-point alternating gait)?
- Which side would a client/resident/patient hold a crutch?