CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 2068166684
Maintain closed urinary drainage system.
Maintenance should include
- making certain that the drainage tubes are connected
- keeping drainage bag below bladder level
- wearing gloves
- knowing what observations to record and report
- changing drainage bag to leg bag
- emptying drainage bag.
- How do you change a drainage bag to a leg bag?
- If the drainage system is accidentally disconnected, what are the steps to reconnect?
- What observations should the nurse aide record and report about a closed urinary drainage system?
- When would the client/resident/patient use a dignity bag?