Perform safety procedures related to client/resident/patient care.
DefinitionPerformance should include
- prevention of falls and thermal injuries
- fire safety
- oxygen safety
- safety in the workplace.
- What are factors that increase the risk for falls?
- As a nurse aide, when entering the room of a client/resident/patient who is visually or mobility impaired, what areas in the room may pose a hazard, and how would you modify them?
- Before applying hot or cold treatments, what type of information would you need?
- What safety measures would you institute with a client/resident/patient who is using oxygen?
- Why is a nurse aide at risk in the workplace?
- What steps might you initiate if you came in contact with a violent or aggressive situation in the workplace?
- What is the acronym RACE?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.