Respond to the call signal.
DefinitionResponse should be performed in a timely and professional manner.
- What constitutes a timely and professional manner?
- What could be consequences of ignoring the call signal?
- What client/resident/patient violations occur when the call signal is ignored?
- What is the proper placement of the signaling device?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Explain the healthcare worker’s role within their department, their organization, and the overall healthcare system.