Place and receive telephone calls.
DefinitionPlacing and receiving telephone calls should include
- identifying the types of incoming and outgoing calls
- handling the various types of incoming and outgoing calls
- using the qualities of a good telephone voice
- displaying consistent manners, courtesy, and helpfulness when speaking on the phone.
- What information do you include when answering the phone (e.g., name, position, and unit)?
- What information do you need when taking a message, and in what form should it be taken (i.e., written)?
- What information can you receive? What information can you give out?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Explain the healthcare worker’s role within their department, their organization, and the overall healthcare system.