Report changes in body functioning to a supervisor. (As required by the Virginia Board of Nursing regulation)
Reporting should be based on
- careful observation
- accurate and timely reporting to supervisor.
- What are the consequences of careless observation?
- What client/resident/patient signs and symptoms are reportable?
- What are the guidelines for reporting critical signs and symptoms in an emergency situation?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Assess and report patient’s/client’s health status in order to monitor and document patient progress.
Explain the healthcare worker’s role within their department, their organization, and the overall healthcare system.