Identify effective methods to develop client/resident/patient/family and staff relationships.
DefinitionIdentification should include skills in
- conflict resolution
- customer satisfaction.
- What communication strategies can you use in your interaction with others?
- What information should be given to client/resident/patient/family upon admission to a healthcare facility?
- What steps would you take to resolve a conflict with a co-worker?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the concepts of democracy by
- recognizing the fundamental worth and dignity of the individual;
- recognizing the equality of all citizens under the law;
- recognizing what defines a citizen and how noncitizens can become citizens;
- recognizing majority rule and minority rights;
- recognizing the necessity of compromise; and
- recognizing the freedom of the individual.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Explain the healthcare worker’s role within their department, their organization, and the overall healthcare system.
Evaluate the roles and responsibilities of individual members as part of the healthcare team and explain their role in promoting the delivery of quality health care.