CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 1596578532
Assist the incontinent client/resident/patient, including brief applications.
Assistance should include
- defining incontinence
- knowing the causes of incontinence in the elderly
- understanding the psychological, physical, and social effects
- maintaining privacy
- caring for skin
- observing the condition of the skin
- reporting changes in the condition of the skin
- demonstrating accurate documentation
- changing briefs.
- What are some of the psychological, physical, and social effects caused by urinary or fecal incontinence?
- How should nursing care of the incontinent client/resident/patient be administered in order to maintain privacy?
- Why is it important to perform a skin observation when giving incontinent care?
- How is the frequency of incontinent care determined according to the client’s/resident’s/patient’s needs?
- Why is important to report and document incontinent episodes, care, and skin condition?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events