CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 1596578529
Clean stoma and change a colostomy bag.
Procedures should include
- use of proper equipment
- use of standard precautions
- maintenance of privacy
- accurate description of waste output and measurement if ordered
- Why is it necessary to have all equipment assembled at the beginning of the procedure?
- Which standard precautions should be used during this procedure?
- Why is accuracy of waste output measurement important?
- What information needs to be documented at the end of procedure?
- What is the appropriate care for a patient with a colostomy bag?