CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nurse Aide II Task 1185424289
Adjust side rails.
Adjusting the side rails of the bed involves
- knowledge of the facilities rules regarding side rail use
- the client’s/resident’s/patient’s level of mobility
- the client’s/resident’s/patient’s orientation to time, place, and person
- What are the rules of your facility regarding the use of side rails?
- How might a side rail be beneficial to the client/resident/patient?
- How might a side rail cause a risk of falls to the client/resident/patient?
- When is a side rail considered a restraint?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events