Demonstrate appropriate hand-hygiene techniques.
DefinitionDemonstration should include elements of effective hand washing as recommended in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) standards and the use of hand sanitizers (hand hygiene).
See also “When & How to Wash Your Hands” (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): http://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- What are the essential elements of proper hand washing?
- Why are there standards for hand washing?
- How often should hand sanitizer be used between hand washings?
- For what situation(s) is it not appropriate to use hand sanitizer?
- What is the difference between medical and surgical asepsis?