CTE Resource Center - Verso - Practical Nursing II Task 871888338
Apply the nursing process as it relates to the surgical patient/client.
Application should include
- dealing with the fears and anxieties of the client
- identifying pre-existing health risk factors
- reducing surgical risk factors
- applying anti-embolic stockings
- performing pre-surgery procedures
- practicing intra-operative responsibilities
- practicing post-operative responsibilities.
- What are common nursing interventions that are used to address fears and anxieties of the client experiencing surgery?
- What are specific teaching topics to reduce or eliminate risk factors for the surgical client?
- Why must anti-embolic stockings be used for the surgical client?
- How would a nurse's role in the pre-, intra-, and post-operative care of the client be described?
- How would you prepare a surgical checklist?
- What are the different types of anesthesia and the nursing interventions for, and potential complications of, each?
- What are the most common questions a nurse asks the client when being admitted for surgery?
- What are major complications that may occur during the post-operative period and the medical and nursing prevention/management of each?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events