CTE Resource Center - Verso - Practical Nursing II Task 515155160
Maintain a safe and controlled environment within laboratory and clinical environments.
Maintenance should include
- various client environments
- dignity and privacy of client
- physical contact with client, including body mechanics
- control of noise, climate, odors, lighting
- operation of various types of beds
- safety issues.
- What are considerations related to the dignity and privacy of the client?
- What factors place nurses and clients at risk for injury?
- How are restraints chosen, applied, and maintained?
- What methods are recommended to control noise in healthcare environments? Odors? Lighting?
- How can bed-making skills be adapted when making various types of beds, including closed, head-to-toe, crib, and therapeutic?
- What methods would be used in a home healthcare setting to ensure optimal emergency procedures, fire safety, sharps and contaminated waste disposal, and sanitation?
- To whom would you report safety issues?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events (High School)
Health Professions Events