CTE Resource Center - Verso - Practical Nursing II Task 2134396692
Identify a nurse's responsibilities associated with the death of a client.
Identification should include
- agencies that provide assistance
- importance of nurse to family and significant others
- advance directives
- postmortem care
- cultural considerations.
- What agencies provide assistance to the terminally ill, and what services does each provide?
- Why is a nurse important to the family of a dying client?
- What are advance directives associated with death, including living wills, organ donations, coroner's case, and death certificates?
- Who pronounces death in the United States?
- What are the steps in postmortem care?
- Who needs to be notified of the death of a client?
- What is brain death, and how does it differ from death of the body?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events (High School)
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Transcultural Health Care
Health Professions Events