Perform procedures related to American Heart Association (AHA) first aid and emergency care in a laboratory and/or clinical setting.
DefinitionPerformance should include
• use of appropriate equipment and supplies
• assessment techniques
• procedures to control external bleeding
• first aid for choking victim and shock victim
• procedures to treat bone traumas
• procedures to treat: heat/cold exposure, poisoning, seizures, burns, bites
after completing AHA Basic Life Support health care provider and first aid training.
- How would you assess the situation and the client in an emergency through observation, inspection, and palpation?
- Why would you evaluate the situation for hidden dangers before entering the scene or touching the client?
- How would you perform CPR in a non-medical setting?
- How would you administer first aid to a conscious and an unconscious choking victim?
- What are the signs and symptoms of shock? What emergency procedures would you provide for a shock victim until help arrives?
- How would you perform emergency procedures to treat fractures, sprains, strains, and dislocations?
- How would you treat victims of heat/cold exposure, poisoning, seizures, and burns?