CTE Resource Center - Verso - Practical Nursing II Task 186363642
Demonstrate alternate feeding methods and techniques in a laboratory and/or clinical setting.
Demonstration should include
- addressing client’s individual and special needs (e.g., tube feedings)
- providing client with assistive devices (e.g., plate guard, special utensils)
- positioning client, according to care plan
- preparing client to receive nutrition (e.g., hand washing, dentures, clothing protectors)
- alternating liquids and solids
- following appropriate guidelines for feeding the self-care and the dependent client
- recording alternate feeding methods and techniques, according to agency documentation guidelines.
- What precautions must be taken when administering a tube feeding?
- What is the procedure for assessing feeding tube location and patency prior to feeding?
- What variations in feeding need to be implemented for the client with difficulty swallowing?
- Why is it advisable to alternate liquids and solids?
- What actions can you take to increase calories for the client who is not eating?
- What is the purpose and the process of a calorie count?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events