Demonstrate assessment procedures as outlined in the Board of Nursing Regulations in a laboratory and/or clinical setting.
DefinitionDemonstration should include
- use of appropriate medical equipment and supplies
- assessment of all vital signs
- taking the client’s height, weight, and circumferences
- assistance with physician's examination.
See also “Curriculum: B.2” (Virginia Administrative Code): http://law.lis.virginia.gov/admincode/title18/agency90/chapter20/section120/
- What is the significance of vital signs?
- What are the normal ranges of the following vital signs for various age groups: temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure?
- What steps should be taken to assess a client's temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure?
- What steps should be taken to measure height, weight, and circumferences?
- What steps should be taken to assist a physician with a physical examination, including pre- and post-care of client and room, positioning and draping the client, and managing specimens?