CTE Resource Center - Verso - Practical Nursing II Task 1650239412
Demonstrate surgical aseptic techniques.
Demonstration should include
- putting on and removing sterile gloves
- opening a sterile package
- establishing a sterile field
- pouring sterile liquids
- handling materials and tools to maintain sterile quality.
- What are the general principles of surgical aseptic techniques and the rationale behind each principle?
- What are the steps in donning sterile gloves and maintaining sterility?
- What are the steps in opening a sterile package and maintaining sterility?
- How are sterile forceps (both wet and dry) handled, and how is sterility maintained?
- What are the steps in pouring sterile liquids?
- How can the proper sterilization of instruments be determined?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events (High School)
Health Professions Events