CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Assistant II Task 464617220
Provide medical supplies and patient education, as indicated by the healthcare provider.
Provision should include
- condition-specific supplies
- distribution of brochures
- patient instruction sheets
- medication education
- directions for follow-up care
- directions for specimen collection.
- Who is considered to be a healthcare provider?
- What communication skills are necessary when educating a patient?
- What factors should be considered when communicating with a patient who is not adhering to care instructions?
- What are the responsibilities of the healthcare provider in patient education and follow-up care/instructions? What are the responsibilities of the medical assistant?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events