Register patients in a clinical setting.
DefinitionRegistration should include
- providing appropriate forms for completion
- verifying insurance information
- procuring chart.
- What information would the receptionist need to register a patient for services?
- Why is verification of insurance information so important?
- How has Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) affected patient registration?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.