Identify the parameters of parenteral medications administration.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- correct dosage calculation
- administration of prescribed medication in a variety of forms (e.g., injected, intravenous, topical, or oral), as directed
- supervision by a supervisor or instructor throughout the process.
- What are the rights to safe medication administration?
- What are some common drug contraindications?
- What are some common adverse reactions?
- Why are medications administered in a variety of formats, within regard to medication administration?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.