Administer therapeutic modalities, under supervision of a supervisor or instructor.
Administration should include procedures such as
- applying ice/heat packs
- applying cold compresses
- applying moist compresses
- performing range-of-motion joint exercises.
- What damage can occur to a patient’s skin if an ice/heat pack is not applied in the correct manner?
- What is the underlying principle of a moist compress? When is it appropriate to apply a moist compress to a patient?
- What medical conditions benefit from range-of-motion joint exercises?