Apply and change dressings or bandages in a clinical setting.
Applying and changing may include
- sterile dressings
- burn dressings
- bandaging and splinting with an elastic wrap
- pressure bandaging.
- What is the difference between a dressing and a bandage? When is a dressing appropriate and when is a bandage appropriate?
- Why is maintaining sterility when doing a sterile dressing change so important to the patient's healing?
- What damage can occur when an elastic wrap is not applied properly?
- What is appropriate dressing for vascular access? What are appropriate dress materials?