Describe surgical procedures commonly performed in an ambulatory-care center.
DefinitionDescription should include procedures such as
- cyst removal
- laceration repair
- skin lesion removal
- abscess and incision drainage
- suture removal
- staple removal
- minor surgical office procedures
- What is the medical assistant's role in assisting with cyst removal, laceration repair, and abscess and incision drainage?
- What are the considerations when deciding where a surgical procedure should be performed?
- What instruments are commonly used during minor surgical procedures?
- What types of anesthesia might be administered during a minor surgical procedure?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.