CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Assistant II Task 1799774977
Assist healthcare provider in minor surgery, maintaining sterile techniques throughout.
Assistance should include the following:
- Providing equipment and supplies as needed
- Handing instruments to physician as directed
- Caring for and labeling specimens
- Cleaning the surgical room
- Obtaining and explaining informed consent
- Verifying discharge instruction
- Checking surgical time-out
- What organizational skills are important when assisting a healthcare provider in minor surgery?
- What is the importance of obtaining informed consent prior to surgery?
- What are the different types of consent?
- What is chain of custody and its purpose?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events
Emergency Preparedness Events