CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Assistant II Task 1799774976
Prepare a sterile field.
Preparation should include setting up the sterile field with
Maintaining a sterile field should include
- preparing a patient (e.g., sterile drape)
- identifying surgical asepsis techniques (e.g., donning surgical PPE)
- demonstrating surgical asepsis techniques.
- preparing a room for a surgical procedure.
- What are common ways that a sterile field can be contaminated?
- What can result if a sterile field becomes contaminated during minor surgical procedures?
- What is the next step should the sterile field be contaminated?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events